Learn More about RateZip’s Top Rewards Cards
With unlimited 2% cash rewards on purchases for a $0 annual fee, the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card practically pays you to shop!
- Earn unlimited 2% cash rewards on purchases – with no categories to keep track of or limits to cap your rewards! Plus cash rewards don’t expire for the life of your account.
- Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus if you spend $500 on purchases during the first 3 months after account opening.
- $0 annual fee.
- 0% Intro APR for purchases and qualifying balance transfers for the first 15 months after account opening, then reg_apr,reg_apr_type APR thereafter. Balance transfers must be made within the first 120 days to qualify for the intro rate and have a fee of 3% of the balance transfer (minimum $5). After the first 120 days, the fee is 5% of the balance transfer (minimum $5).
- Up to $600 of cell phone protection against theft or damage if you pay your monthly phone bill using your Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card ($25 deductible).
Credit card rewards can be an easy way to get some cash back when you use your card for purchases. From paying for items to getting gift cards to actually getting money back in your account, there are multiple ways that rewards points can be valuable. However, not every card has a rewards system, and many that do have multiple rules or limits for rewards, such as caps that stop you from earning more than a certain amount or specific categories that you have to purchase in order to earn rewards. That’s why we like the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card! With the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card, you can earn an unlimited 2% cash rewards on purchases – no rewards limit, and no categories to keep track of! Earn cash rewards every time you use your card for purchases, then redeem for purchases, cash, or gift cards!
Why We Like This Card
The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card allows you to earn unlimited 2% cash rewards on purchases. That means that for every $100 you spend, you earn $2 in cash rewards! Cash rewards never expire as long as your account remains open, which means that you can rack up cash rewards and redeem them whenever you want. Some of the ways you can redeem your cash rewards include eligible purchases, a credit on your account, cash redemption at ATMs, or gift cards. With all the ways to benefit from cash rewards, it makes sense why Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card is a top contender in the credit card market!
In addition to unlimited 2% cash rewards, the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card also allows you to earn a $200 cash bonus if you spend at least $500 within the first three months of account opening. That’s $200 that you can count towards a credit on your account, gift cards, or even a cash redemption! With this intro bonus plus 2% cash rewards on purchases, you can shop happily knowing that you’re earning cash rewards!
Finally, the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card has a 0% Intro APR period for purchases and qualifying balance transfers for the first 15 months after account opening! Then reg_apr,reg_apr_type APR thereafter. This is great if you want to pay down credit card debt, or if you’re planning on making some large purchases, as you won’t have to pay any interest for over a year! Taking advantage of a 0% Intro APR period can definitely save you money as you pay off your debt without any interest expense. For balance transfers, it’s important to note that balance transfers must be made within the first 120 days to qualify for the intro rate and have a fee of 3% of the balance transfer (minimum $5). After the first 120 days, the fee is 5% of the balance transfer (minimum $5).
Recommended Credit Score
The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card has tons of rewards and perks available, making it an excellent credit card choice for anyone with Good to Excellent Credit. This is typically in the 670 to 850 range. Having a better credit score allows you to apply for cards that have better features, lower APRs, and more perks. The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card is no exception. If your credit score is less than 670, consider other ways to improve your score before applying for the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card. This includes making payments on time, not maxing out your credit accounts, and monitoring your credit for errors or fraudulent activity.
With unlimited 2% cash rewards on purchases, the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card is a superstar in the credit card rewards category! Not only does this card have no rewards categories to keep track of or limits to cap your earning ability, but cash rewards never expire for as long as your account is open! In addition, it has a 0% intro APR period for both purchases and balance transfers, plus other perks such as up to $600 of cellphone protection if you use your card to pay your monthly phone bill.
Other Great Rewards Cards
Want to learn more about credit card rewards? Here are some other great credit card options!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95
- Intro Offer: 60,000 points when you spend $4,000 during the first three months after account opening
- Rewards: 5x points on travel when you book through Chase Ultimate Rewards®; 3x points on dining; 2x points on select other purchases.
- Other Perks: Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, and Lost Luggage Insurance.
For occasional travelers and frequent travelers alike, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers rewards for travel, dining, and select other purchases! In fact, you can earn five times the rewards on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, three times the rewards on dining, and two times the rewards on select other purchases. What really makes this card stand out is their intro offer: earn 60,000 bonus points that you can earn when you spend $4,000 during the first three months after your account is opened. If you redeem your rewards through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, that’s a value of $750! Plus with Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance, No Foreign Transaction Fees and more, you can rest easy when you travel. The rewards system can take a bit of effort to master, but for the benefits you get, it’s well worth it!
Citi Rewards+® Card
- Annual Fee: $0
- Intro Offer: 25,000 points when you spend $1,500 during the first three months after account opening; For a limited time through June 30, 2024, earn 5 ThankYou® Points for $1 spent on car rentals, hotels, and attractions (excluding air travel) when you book through the Citi Travel℠ Portal
- Rewards: 2x ThankYou® Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for up to $6,000 annually, then 1x after the cap has been met; 1x ThankYou® Points on other eligible purchases.
- Other Perks: Recieve 10% of your points back after you redeem for as much as 100,000 points per year. Every purchase is rounded up to the nearest 10 points.
The Citi Rewards+® Card has an intro offer of 25,000 ThankYou® Points if you spend $1,500 during the first three months after account opening, which is redeemable for $250 in gift cards on ThankYou.com. However, the star feature of this card is its annual bonus for redeeming rewards, which lets you receive 10% of your points back after you redeem, for as much as 100,000 points per year! That means you have chances to earn not only when you first get this card, but annually as you earn and redeem ThankYou® Points. And because every purchase is rounded up to the nearest 10 points, you can earn even more! This card has a $0 annual fee, but on the downside, the 2x ThankYou® Points on Supermarket and Gas Station purchases is limited to the first $6,000 each year, after which it drops down to 1x.
Learn More about RateZip’s Top Rewards Cards
Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post. The content on this page is accurate as of 3/20/2023; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.